The University of Edinburgh and University of Sydney have a long history of partnership that includes research and student mobility. In 2016, we committed to strengthening this relationship by increasing further our student mobility numbers and launching a new strategic partnership fund. Over the last two years the fund has supported 11 new projects across the University in collaboration with colleagues at the University of Sydney – these projects include:
- Environmental Humanities and Social Sciences at Sydney and Edinburgh: Exploring Partnerships on Oceans and Everyday Environmentalism
- Strategic Global Food Security Alliance in support of Planetary Health
- Methodological Innovations for Assessing Learning in Digital Spaces
- Optimising perinatal nutrition to improve health of the next generation: Edinburgh Sydney Partnership: cONqUeST
- The family that eats together: Images of commensality across two cities
- Shadow Agents of War: Italy, 1480-1530
- Critical Public and Patient Involvement with Health Research
- Sydney Edinburgh Research Collaboration Into Cancer Outcome Variation
- The Geometry of Shock Waves in Reaction-nonlinear Diffusion Models
- New Eyes on the Cosmos: The Hunt for Cold Gas and Hot Stars in the Distant Universe
- The Impact of Accountability and Transparency on the Practices of Prison Officers in Australia and Scotland
Call for Applications 2019
We are now accepting applications for projects under this scheme that will run from August 2019 until July 2020. Applicants are encouraged to submit funding proposals for innovative and sustainable programs built around collaborative research linking the University of Sydney and the University of Edinburgh. Proposals for learning and teaching initiatives may also be considered if included as part of a larger collaborative research proposal.
Applicants must also demonstrate that their projects are sustainable in the long-term, preferably by including a plan for engagement that includes leveraging external funding and publication outputs. Other outputs that could include development of online resources, curriculum development, and hosting of workshops/conferences.
Edinburgh will offer funding of AUD 10,000 (approx. £5,400) per project, with a matched amount available for a partner in Sydney. Up to three awards will be made in this call.
Please note that the scoring criteria includes a component around ‘relevance’ of the project. It is suggested that applicants link their submissions to the Edinburgh Global Engagement Plan where possible.
All disciplines are covered by the call, but for this round we particularly encourage applications from projects that include the following themes:
- Ageing and degeneration
- Global justice
- City living and smart cities
- Data science
How to apply
The application and awards guidelines are available to download here:
The FAQs are available to download also:
Applications should be created on the University of Sydney portal by the partner in Sydney. Once created, your partner can add you as a collaborator before the application is submitted.
Deadline for this call is 21 June 2019.
For further information, please contact:
Stuart Easter, Edinburgh Global – email@example.com
Prof. David Weller, Dean for South East Asia and Australasia – firstname.lastname@example.org
Technical queries relating to the application - email@example.com